Wrestlemaia Backlash Predictions

Tonight we get ready for the latest PPV from WWE, Wrestlemania Backlash.

First Match on deck: Robert Roode and Dolph Ziggler Vs. Rey an Dominic Mysterio for the Smackdown Tag Team Championship

WWE WrestleMania Backlash 2021: Matches & Predictions | Heavy.com

In an attempt to make history, Rey and Dominic find themselves as the challengers to the smackdown tag team championship. This match has the potential to be one to steal the show given the participants. Ziggler and Mysterio always go out with intentions to give the crowd something to talk about and I don’t see his match being any different. I am picking the Mysterio family to take the titles tonight. Ziggler and Roode make a great team, but they can also be used in singles competition. Also, having the Mysterio family win here, it sets up an opportunity to see them get involved with the Usos with a Jimmy returning last week.

Damian Priest Vs The Miz in a Lumberjack Match

Updated Wrestlemania Backlash 2021 Match Card Following WWE Raw

This match should be the end of a storyline between Priest vs. Miz and Morrison. It has ran its course. It is time for all parties to go their separate ways. These guys can move on to battle for the US and WWE titles from here. To add more potential drama, you can have Miz and Morrison split with Morrison saying he is tired of being in the shadows of The Miz. I have Priest picking up the win tonight continuing his momentum.

Asuka vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Rhea Ripley for the Raw Women’s Championship

WrestleMania Backlash match card & rumors - Cageside Seats

In what seems to be somewhat of a rushed build, we have 3 of Raws top superstar in this match. Asuka set to get her rematch with Charlotte inserted into the picture with help from Sonya Deville. This relationship between Charlotte and Sonya has Authority vibes and can do wonder for the locker room raging against the machine. This match has 2 possible outcomes in my eyes, but if I had to pick one, I am riding with Ripley retaining the title. I don’t see the need to slow down her momentum just yet. You can build on Charlotte using her “authority” to get the title at Summerslam.

Braun Strowman Vs. Drew McIntyre, Vs. Bobby Lashley for the WWE Championship

A battle of the giants. Bobby Lashley is set to defend his title in a triple threat match that will be full of animosity. I can see this being a heavy hitting match from the start, the only question I have is what will be next for the winner? Being a big man with the title, you are limited to who you can have feuds with that will come off as believable for the big man to drop the belt. Without someone to cash in the Money in the Bank contract right now, we the fans will be instore for these 3 fighting each other for the next couple of months. Especially with Randy Orton being used in a tag team. I have Bobby Lashley retaining the title tonight. I do not see a reason for him to drop the title right now.

Bayley Vs. Bianca Belair for the Smackdown Women’s Championship

Bayley is a great antagonist and Bianca has a story that makes everyone want to see her win. If the Roode and Ziggler Vs. the Mysterio Family doesn’t steal the show, I am willing to bet that this match will. These 2 women will be determined to show each other up with every move and and I can see this leading to great chemistry in this match. After a decent amount of back and forth, I have Bianca retaining the title.

Cesaro Vs. Roman Reigns for the Universal Championship

To close out the show, we see Cesaro get his first shot in the main event. These 2 will not disappoint us with this match. I predict that this is just the beginning of a 3 match feud. As far as tonight goes, Roman will retain with assistance from Seth and the Usos.

Leave a Reply

WordPress.com Logo

Twitter picture

Facebook photo